WHAT IS SOUND THERAPY?
Sound Therapy is a therapeutic modality that works with energy, vibration and frequencies and has a balancing effect on the mind, body and spirit.
Without getting too technical, energy is measured in hertz. The hertz (symbol: Hz) is the derived unit of frequency in the International System of Units (SI) and is defined as one cycle per second. … The units are often also used as a representation of Energy.
We are all made up of energy and literally everything is measurable – from a disease, to a planet, to a plant, to an essential oil. The energy measured is also said to represent the vibration and rate of oscillation – it can be high, low or somewhere in between. Sound expressed in hertz can have a harmonising effect on the body – shifting your vibration and the ‘vibe’.
So, sound used as therapy works by shifting your vibrations to a more balanced state. Sound in effect, facilitates and triggers the body’s own natural capacity to self-regulate and self-heal.
The principles of resonance in the human body is that everything has a frequency at which it naturally resonates, known as it’s Prime resonance Frequency or (PRF).
At this frequency an object absorbs energy more readily. Each component of the body has its own PRF: cells, organs and bones.
Nature always seeks the most efficient state; it takes less energy to pulse in co-operation that in opposition. In other words, to vibrate at your highest possible vibration as this takes less effort and follows the path of least residence through harmonisation. This is an enhanced state of equilibrium.
THE BENEFITS OF SOUND THERAPY…
- Deeply meditative
- Stress and anxiety
- Shuts down the chattering mind (almost instantly)
- Relaxing and very calming
- Instills peacefulness
- Re-tunes, re-aligns, rebalances
- Expands sensory awareness of the mind to this world and others
- very releasing to the mind, body and soul
- Increases right brain activity and initiates creativity
- By-passes your thinking mind and communicates directly with your subconscious mind and body.
- Feeling stuck? It works on an energetic level to release blocks and stagnation
- Penetrates at the cellular level and calms the nervous system
- Spikes nitric oxide – feel good factor released in the brain similar to endorphins.
- Works with clear intention to initiate laser-like focus
- We focus on the solution state (what you most want in life right now)
- Realigns the chakras and energy spots in the body
- Brings clarity
- Aligns you to your true path.
Sometimes shifts can happen very quickly. I have seen clients lives start to reflect back to them, their new desired state as if by magic.
WHO IS THIS FOR?
- The stressed, overworked, overtired
- In need of pain relief
- Feeling stuck in life
- In need of direction or change
- In recovery from illness and want to heal more holistically
- Creatives – artists, frustrated would-be-artists, musicians, actors etc
- In need of creative inspiration (see above for creatives) – it expands your right brain (creative side), and shuts down the left brain (overthinking, logic, analytical brain) – better integration of left/right brain activity.
- Overcoming resistance to whatever is holding you back.
Sometimes there is a resistance to change and this can come up during treatment. This is identifiable during the process. Remaining open to whatever comes next with an open heart and mind enables you to get past this if ready to move on.
Upcoming listings of events right