A time to plant new seeds with sound intentions
The New Moon Symbolises New Beginnings
It’s a time to plant and nurture new seeds and an opportunity to press the reset button with new ideas and new desires. New Moons occur when the Sun and Moon conjoin, occupying the same degree of an astrological sign. This means that our core identity (Sun) and emotions and feelings (Moon), align. As the Moon begins a new cycle, we’re invited to start one too. New Moons are known accordingly as times of initiation and intention-setting.
In the sign of Leo approximately July 23 to August 22nd
Leo is the Fixed (unmovable) Fire (passion) of the zodiac. It is Yang (outgoing) and it’s represented by the Lion. Leo is the “I will” sign of the zodiac. These spirited fire signs are the kings and queens of the celestial jungle.
Leo’s are big-hearted, loyal, natural born leaders like the lions they are. They are generous, passionate, energetic, optimistic, headstrong, confident, independent and ambitious.
Leo is ruled by the sun, the dazzling celestial body that governs life and vitality. The sun never goes retrograde, and likewise, Leos are renowned for their stability, loyalty, and consistency.
- Likes to be in the spotlight
- Athletic and physically strong
- Great judgment
- Strong leaders
- Knows self-worth and exerts will
Ruling planet is the Sun
The Sun, a luminary, rules Leo, his element is Fire and he represents masculinity. The Sun, which is actually a star, is at the centre of the solar system and the other planets revolve around it.
In astrology, it defines your inner centre, personality, ego, the self, who you really are, how you relate to others, leadership qualities, creativity, life force and spirit. It governs reason, not intuition.
The Sun represents the Self, one’s way of being in the world. It can represent, on different levels, both the ego and the higher Self or Soul Purpose.
This months New Moon teachings
- This New Moon happens at 26 degrees in Leo on19th August at 3.42am (UK). 2 + 6 = 8, the number 8 represents infinity and consistent expansion.
- This New Moon is abundant in its mission, bringing together the energetic unity of all things.
- The stars are aligned to liberate humanity and to take us forward toward a New Earth.
- This is an incredibly empowering and passionate time – a time to stand up and be counted like LEO, the king.
- The collective is taking back control after centuries of being controlled. Time to resist the tyranny of control.
- It truly is a case of sheep no more! More people are waking up to a different reality and not the one we once believed to be true.
- Radical changes lie ahead and this New Moon is warrior fire energy – It may be a challenging time but we must forge ahead and take back control.
- Allow the fire to blaze a new path for you – old stuck ways of being, doing and believing are being dissolved.
- When you ignite the fire within, you become your own life alchemist. Allow this energy to transform you.
- When all is done you will feel much lighter and freer as a human being – Fire is a purifier. Let the shackles go.
- Breathe through it all – exercise, connect with nature, do what brings you joy – this will help clear out the old energy as it elevates your vibratory field of existence.
- Choose to let go of the old and free up space to bring in something new!
- We are moving away from the old paradigm of conflict, competition and judgement. This is now the past. Instead we are aligning ourselves toward greater light, harmony, peace and love and the Aquarian Age
- The challenges are here to take you back home into your heart. This is the highest vibration of all and repels the darkness that is still fighting to exist. DON’T VALIDATE ITS PRESENCE WITH FEAR AND SUBMISSION. Do not underestimate your own power! The blind fold is now off.
- See with your heart and you can set yourself free!
- August is also the number 12 in numerology – the forever student. We are forever learning and expanding – use this Mars energy to expand your consciousness in a positive way, with passion, enthusiasm and drive – be the student. Be the observer. Avoid the negative, aggressive judgmental and competitive shadow side of Mars’ energy.
- Other planetary activity.….
- Mars has moved into its own sign of Aries and will go retrograde in this sign for 6 months next month. This means it will fire up your inner resources, passions and the courage needed. This energy will intensify over the next few months and you will need to seek the solutions to be found within (inner resources). Mars takes action. Aries , the first sign begins at the beginning. This is an internal rebirth that will take us into the New Earth and New beginnings. Choose fearlessness in the midst of change.
- Jupitar is sextile Neptune – allows us to see new possibilities and turning toward greater spirituality unity consciousness. Go within, listen to your intuition.
- Moon /sun conjunct mercury (lower mind). The mind will translate what the heart of Leo is receiving.
- Moon and sun also 26 degrees in Saturn – calling on you to take responsibility for how you live your life, the choices you make and the discipline you bring. Commit fully
- Venus sextile Uranus – Venus (rules Taurus) is the loving creative sister planet to earth. Uranus will ignite your desire for freedom and change. Uranus is the futuristic planet and ruler of Aquarius. This is the Aquarian vibration and age.
- Venus square Chiron(sacred healer) – expect healing, beauty and pleasure to also come to the forefront..
- Saturn/Pluto started the major shift and chaos (in Capricorn) at the beginning of 2020. Saturn rules karma – everybody here on planet earth signed up for this evolutionary time. You always have free will.
- Pluto ruler of scorpio brings up the truth – be present to the now. Stand strong and allow your self to be transformed – life/death rebirth.
- Practise alchemy. When something doesn’t feel right…acknowledge always. Alchemise by remaining true to the self with integrity and authenticity. This will transform your life.
- It’s a time for the constant uncovering of secrets – all truths will be revealed. This is the age of truths. We are here to awaken and expand our consciousness beyond the physical realm of existence.
- Mars and Jupitar are square – this is positive energy, expansive, courages and life affirming.
- Past beliefs were divisive, destructive and served to separate us from each other. That time period is over now. Don’t allow yourself to be drawn back into this energy.
- Do the work that will propel you forward. Stand up and be counted.
- The number 12 reduces to 3 – the number for joy and love. Allows listen to your heart to experience this new paradigm shift and energy. This is the seat of your intuition and something you feel within your heart.
- Wear love and the light with pride. Do this and you will navigate these times with greater peace, grace and joy! and you will not be so impacted by the upheaval of the changes to come.
Reference: Tania Gabrielle. Astrologer and numerologist.
New Moon Rituals
People often come together in “moon gatherings,” where candles are lit, intentions are set. Some people may prefer a solitary ritual where they smudge their space with sage or diffuse essential oils, light a new candle, meditate and go deep within to discover what they want to bring into their lives during the next month. Your ritual could otherwise be as simple as sitting down in a quiet space and writing out your goals for the next 30 days.
Making Your Desires a Reality
After your New Moon ritual, sit with your desire for the next couple of days. Visualize what your life would be like when your desire becomes your reality. Experience what it would feel lie with all your senses – include smells, tastes, feelings, see and hear what you desire and intend. You might not know or understand how it will be accomplished but the New Moon phase is a time of trust yourself and your ability to make it happen.
Focus on something you can achieve
At the New Moon you could desire all sorts of things that are unattainable, so but be realistic, because what you focus on will only remain potential unless it’s something you can actually achieve.
Remember you always have free will regardless of planetary activity
NEXT NEW MOON 17th SEPT 12noon in the SIGN OF VIRGO @ 11AM