A TIME TO PLANT NEW SEEDS WITH SOUND INTENTIONS
The New Moon Symbolises New Beginnings
It’s a time to plant and nurture new seeds and an opportunity to press the reset button with new ideas and new desires. New Moons occur when the Sun and Moon conjoin, occupying the same degree of an astrological sign. This means that our core identity (Sun) and emotions and feelings (Moon), align. As the Moon begins a new cycle, we’re invited to start one too. New Moons are known accordingly as times of initiation and intention-setting.
In the sign of Cancer 20/07/2020
Cancer Star Sign Personality: Approximately June 21 – July 22
Cancer is the Cardinal (imitating) Water (emotional) sign of the zodiac. Its polarity is Yin (receptive), and it’s represented by the Crab. Cancer is the “I feel” sign of the zodiac. Those with the Sun is in Cancer live in a world of emotions and are sensitive in every sense of the word.
- Needs to feel secure, safe and comfortable
- Home, family, and friends come before all else
- Deep appreciation for family history and exploring family trees
- Self-protective and lives by gut feelings and instinct
The Moon, a luminary, rules Cancer, her element is Water and she represents femininity. The Moon governs emotions, feelings and gut instincts. Whether male or female, the Moon holds clues as to how you may relate to your mother or other female figures in your life.
This months moon teachings.
- The Sun and Moon unite on July 20 (number 20 is equilibrium and unity) at 28 degrees ((2+ 8 = 10 = 1 – we begin again). in Cancer for the second New Moon in this water sign. This is a tender and caring energy in direct opposition to the hard reality of Saturn in Capricorn which is also at 28 degrees.
- This year has been exhausting physically, mentally and emotionally and much rest is still needed at this time. We are in the midst of a new era of change and revelations. This is very tiring indeed.
- So this new moon is asking us to come back to you and to take the time to find the stillness in the chaos before you proceed forward with new plans and ideas for the future.
- Saturn is conjunct Pluto and Jupiter in Capricorn. This is once again bringing a focus to our responsibilities and commitments that still requires our attention and time.
- Saturn is also the planet of manifestation, responsibility and boundaries. It will show you your limitations thus allowing you to see what is important and worth pursuing.
- This could bring a more restrictive energy suggesting challenges that could make you feel frustrated and held back.
- You are however invited to seek balance in this space as we proceed into the 2nd half of the year.
- The changes in the world will continue nevertheless, and it’s important not to forget yourself along the way.
- Cancer is a the mother energy and so will bring you the nurturing energy needed to see your way through.
- Emotions may run high so be conscious of this – rather than allow your self to become frustrated (Saturn), rest instead.
- The best way to deal with any repressive influences is to work hard with greater patience and more determination. Saturn will bring you the resolve, strength and the persistence needed.
- Complete what you can – Saturn leaves Capricorn in December and will not return for a further 30 years. Capricorn is the builder of structures and Saturn is its guiding force.
- We are moving away from these controlling structures of a more patriarchal system into a new age.
- With our energy potential shifting up a gear, we must maintain as semblance of balance that does not allow us to go into fear and retreat into the shell of the crab (cancer). Instead see it as a place of refuse and healing and a space of stillness when needed.
- Mars (courage) is also conjunct Chiron (the wounded healer). This is the coming together of the sacred warrior – a balance of male/female and the ushering in of the divine feminine for greater equilibrium and balance.
- Venus is also very active and is sextile to mars/chiron bringing more love, creativity, passion, beauty and partnerships.
- Mercury (communication) is also direct, and is sextile Uranus (higher mind) bringing in more galactic multi dimensional energy. You’ll see expanding interests, greater independence and freedom.
- All planetary activity is converging toward to the ushering in of the divine feminine and the Aquarian Age.
- Trust the light of what is to come. Surrender and reflect on what the truth reveals.
- This is an all loving, all knowing energy. Love will be your guiding force at this time.
- The Aquarian Age will be one of true freedom and creativity.
- Any restrictions, frustrations and boundaries will simply show you where not to waste your time. This too shall set you free. Do not waste your time on that which does not set you free.
- Everything is being cleared out as we begin anew. You are your own source of life and love. Be that!
- Let old illusions of a bygone world fall away. Let it shatter into tiny inconsequential pieces. Get in touch with your heart by feeling what is real and present. This is how you dissolve fear
- You are here where you are supposed to be – cancer is bringing you home to yourself where your heart is your home. Accept yourself without judgement and this will give others the permission to do the same freely and acknowledge who they truly are, even in the chaos.
- Just remember moments of silence are here to bring you peace. Let it!
New Moon Rituals
People often come together in “moon gatherings,” where candles are lit, intentions are set. Some people may prefer a solitary ritual where they smudge their space with sage or diffuse essential oils, light a new candle, meditate and go deep within to discover what they want to bring into their lives during the next month. Your ritual could otherwise be as simple as sitting down in a quiet space and writing out your goals for the next 30 days.
Making Your Desires a Reality
After your New Moon ritual, sit with your desire for the next couple of days. Visualize what your life would be like when your desire becomes your reality. Experience what it would feel lie with all your senses – include smells, tastes, feelings, see and hear what you desire and intend. You might not know or understand how it will be accomplished but the New Moon phase is a time of trust yourself and your ability to make it happen.
Focus on something you can achieve
At the New Moon you could desire all sorts of things that are unattainable, so but be realistic, because what you focus on will only remain potential unless it’s something you can actually achieve.
Remember you always have free will regardless of planetary activity
NEXT NEW MOON 19TH AUGUST IN THE SIGN OF LEO